Impact of Nodal Staging for Small Bowel Carcinoid: More is Better!
Thuy Tran, Heidi Reich, Anna Leung, Edward Wolin, Farin Amersi, Danielle M Hari
Citation Information :
Tran T, Reich H, Leung A, Wolin E, Amersi F, Hari DM. Impact of Nodal Staging for Small Bowel Carcinoid: More is Better!. World J Endoc Surg 2013; 5 (3):65-70.
Copyright © 2013; The Author(s).
How to cite this article
Tran T, Reich H, Leung A, Wolin E, Amersi F, Hari DM. Impact of Nodal Staging for Small Bowel Carcinoid: More is Better! World J Endoc Surg 2013;5(3):65-70.
- Cancer statistics. CA Cancer J Clin 2012;62:10-29.
- Neuroendocrine tumor epidemiology: contrasting Norway and North America. Cancer 2008;113:2655-2664.
- Carcinoid tumours in the gastrointestinal tract—a population-based study from Western Norway. Scand J Surg 2006;95:158-161.
- Incidence trends and risk factors of carcinoid tumors: a nationwide epidemiologic study from Sweden. Cancer 2001;92:2204-2210.
- Survival and prognostic factors in patients with small bowel carcinoid tumour. Br J Surg 2011;98:1617-1624.
- One hundred years after carcinoid: epidemiology of and prognostic factors for neuroendocrine tumors in 35,825 cases in the United States. J Clin Oncol 2008;26:3063-3072.
- Carcinoid tumors of the gastrointestinal tract. South Med J 2009;102:1032-1040.
- Neuroendocrine tumors. J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2012;10:724-764.
- Small bowel cancer in the United States: changes in epidemiology, treatment, and survival over the last 20 years. Ann Surg 2009;249:63-71.
- A 5-decade analysis of 13,715 carcinoid tumors. Cancer 2003;97:934-959.
- Increasing incidence of adenocarcinomas and carcinoid tumors of the small intestine in adults. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 1996;5:81-84.
- Early-stage carcinoids of the gastrointestinal tract: an analysis of 1914 reported cases. Cancer 2005;103:1587-1595.
- cancer.gov/statfacts/html. 2012.
- 7th ed. New York (NY) 2010.
- A population-based study of the incidence of malignant small bowel tumours: SEER, 1973-1990. Int J Epidemiol 1996;25:722-728.
- Neuroendocrine tumors of the small bowels are on the rise: early aspects and management. World J Gastrointest Endosc 2010;2:325-334.
- Malignant tumours of the small intestine: a review of histopathology, multidetector CT and MRI aspects. Br J Radiol 2011;84:677-690.
- Systematic review of resection of primary midgut carcinoid tumour in patients with unresectable liver metastases. Br J Surg 2012;99:1480-1486.
- Improvements in small bowel carcinoid diagnosis and staging: 18F-DOPA PET, capsule endoscopy and double balloon enteroscopy. Dig Liver Dis 2009;41:e35-38.
- Small-bowel neoplasms: prospective evaluation of MR enteroclysis. Radiology 2009;251:743-750.
- The impact of magnetic resonance in the preoperative staging and the surgical planning for treating small bowel neoplasms. Surg Today 2012.
- Diagnostic yield of small bowel capsule endoscopy depends on the small bowel transit time. World J Gastroenterol 2012;18:1502-1507.
- Current advance in small bowel tumors. Clin Endosc 2011;44:13-21.
- CT-enterography may identify small bowel tumors not detected by capsule endoscopy: eight years experience at Mayo Clinic Rochester. Dig Dis Sci 2011;56:2914-2919.
- Value of CT enteroclysis in suspected small-bowel carcinoid tumors. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2010;194:629-633.
- MR enteroclysis in the diagnosis of small-bowel neoplasms. Radiology 2010;254:765-773.
- What we have learned and what to expect from capsule endoscopy. World J Gastrointest Endosc 2012;4:448-452.
- A proposed staging system for small bowel carcinoid tumors based on an analysis of 6,380 patients. Am J Surg 2008196896-903. discussion 903.
- : Lymph node evaluation as a colon cancer quality measure: a national hospital report card. J Natl Cancer Inst 2008;100:1310-1317.
- More extensive nodal dissection improves survival for stages I to III of colon cancer: a population-based study. Ann Surg 2006;244:602-610.
- The impact of lymph node number on survival in patients with lymph node-negative pancreatic cancer. Pancreas 2008;37:19-24.